Become an Agile Business Analyst in Scrum – IIBA® Endorsed By Vivek & Pabitra Khattri & The BA Guide
PLEASE CHECK VIDEO OF ALL CONTENTS HERE:
Learn the concepts and standards of the Agile Extension to the BABOK Guide, then leverage it to become AAC certified
What you’ll learn
- Master key BA techniques including personas, product roadmaps, MVPs, Kano analysis, user stories, retrospectives, and more.
- Learn what an Agile Business Analyst is, what they do, and how they do it
- Understand the Agile BA role in the three agile horizons: Strategy, Initiative, and Delivery.
- Embrace the agile mindset as a business analyst and successfully help organizations evolve.
- Prepare for the Agile Analysis Certification (AAC) issued by the International Institute for Business Analysis (IIBA).
- This course covers all the foundations. No prior experience required!
Business Analysts working in organizations that use an Agile approach are often referred to as Agile Business Analysts, and they play an instrumental role in helping teams efficiently deliver valuable, high-quality products.
One of the leading organizations in providing standards for Agile Business Analysts is the International Institute of Business Analysis, better known as the IIBA. The IIBA provides guidance on the skills and techniques that are important for Agile Business Analysts to be successful. And these standards can be found in their publication, the Agile Extension to the BABOK Guide.
In this course, within 3 hours of high-quality video lectures, we break down the Agile Extension standards to help you grasp those concepts. This includes:
- The role and responsibilities of an Agile Business Analyst
- Core agile business analysis principles
- Analysis of the Strategy, Initiative, and Delivery horizons
- Application of the business analysis principles in each horizon
- Advanced agile business analysis techniques
And since 2 out of 3 organizations, nearly 70% of them, are using Agile today – these skills and techniques are in high demand.
This comprehensive Agile Business Analyst course is endorsed by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®) and has been verified to thoroughly cover the standards explained in the Agile Extension to the BABOK Guide. While this course is not meant directly as exam prep, the knowledge taught can be leveraged to assist you in passing the IIBA’s Agile Analysis Certification (AAC), since its questions are based on the Agile Extension standards.
As an added bonus, with this course, you get the information explained from the viewpoints of multiple instructors. Allowing you to have complex topics broken down from different perspectives, aiding in your comprehension. And as expected, we have activities and quizzes throughout the curriculum to help you validate and apply your new knowledge and skills.
So whether you are:
– an aspiring Business Analyst looking to gain the knowledge to land your first Agile BA position,
– a current Business Analyst wanting to increase your Agile BA skills, or
– someone who wants to become AAC certified
This course is perfect for you!
Who this course is for:
- Aspiring Business Analysts from all backgrounds looking for a deeper and more practical understanding of the Business Analyst career path
- Current Business Analysts that are new to agile and want to understand how their roles fit agile organizations.
- Current Business Analysts who are looking to prepare for the Agile Analysis Certification (AAC) from the International Institute for Business Analysis (IIBA)
- Product managers, developers, managers, and marketers who want to develop an expertise in the process from product strategy to delivery
- Anyone interested in working in an agile team including aspiring Business Analysts, Project Managers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Quality Assurance Managers, and more.
Welcome to the Course
- Course introduction
Introduction to Agile Business Analyst
- Course Instructors Introduction + Important Links
- What is Agile Business Analysis
- Business Analyst Role in an Agile Environment
- Day in a life of a BA
- What Problems do Business Analysts solve
- Is the Business Analyst Role Going Extinct?
- Course Resources – for your convenience
- Business Analyst Core Concept Mode
Intro to Agile
- Agile Principles Mindset
- Agile Manifesto from business analyst perspective
- Twelve Agile Principles from Business Analyst Perspective (Agile Manifesto)
- Agile Principle downloadable Resources
- Seven Principles of Agile Business Analyst (Agile Extension)
- What is Agile Mindset
- Business analyst role in Scrum framework
- DOWNLOAD: 7 principles of Agile Business Analyst Resource
Project based work – Trainable
- Introduction to trainable application
Horizon of Analysis
- Analysis at multiple Horizons
- Strategy Horizon
- Applying Agile BA principles in Strategy Horizon
- Initiative Horizon
- Applying Agile BA principles in Initiative Horizon
- Delivery Horizon
- Applying Agile BA principles in Delivery Horizon
- Horizons – In Other Words
Agile BA technique – Strategy Horizon
- BA’s role in Strategy Horizon
- Visioning Exercise
- Portfolio Kanban
- Product Roadmap
- Trainable Product Roadmap Example
- Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Value Stream Mapping
- Value stream mapping Exercise
Agile BA technique – Initiative Horizon
- BA’s role in Initiative Horizon
- User Roles
- What are User Stories and why use them
- User Story Format
- ACTIVITY – Practice writing User Stories
- User Story Mapping
- Kano Analysis
Agile BA techniques – Delivery Horizon
- BA’s role in Delivery Horizon
- Product backlog
- Backlog Refinement
- Story Splitting (Invest)
- Methods for Prioritizing (MOSCOW)
- Agile Review
- Agile Retrospectives
Facilitation skills of a BA
- Business Analyst facilitation skills
Wrapping things up
- Course conclusion + Bonus lecture
Vivek & Pabitra Khattri: Coach & Instructor @ The Agile Coach
We are Vivek and Pabitra, co-founders of The Agile Coach. Nice to meet you! We are seasoned professional with experience in Agile Coaching, Business Analysis, Product Management, and Technology/Business Consulting in domains like IT, Financial Technology, Healthcare, Sales and Distribution, E-commerce, and Communications.
We are passionate about sharing our knowledge, expertise, and experience that we have gained from working in 10+ multinational companies and multiple startups. We are life-long learners and entrepreneurs. We believe learning and education should be made accessible to everyone & it should be fun.
We have 7+ years of experience working in roles like Agile Coach, Scrum Master, Product Manager, and Business Analyst, and do our best to bring real-life scenarios from our work experience. We have spent 100’s of hours in the boot camps; teaching and coaching agile to aspiring Scrum Masters and Product Owners along with helping them master the resumes and interviews. We are very excited to serve you as an instructor, mentor, and guide in your agile career journey.
Introduction: In the dynamic landscape of project management, mastering Agile Business Analysis in Scrum is crucial for professionals aiming to stay ahead. This comprehensive course, endorsed by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) and curated by industry experts Vivek & Pabitra Khattri, provides a unique opportunity to delve into the intricacies of Agile methodologies.
Navigating the Scrum Framework: Understanding the Scrum framework is pivotal for effective project management. In this section, we will explore the core principles of Scrum, highlighting its application in business analysis. Business analysts will gain insights into utilizing Scrum as a powerful tool in their toolkit, ensuring adaptability and efficiency in project delivery.
Practical Application and Case Studies: Theory meets practice in this module, where real-world scenarios and case studies come to the forefront. Participants will engage in hands-on exercises, applying Agile Business Analysis techniques to solve complex problems. These practical applications ensure a holistic understanding, preparing individuals for real-world challenges.
Insights from the BA Guide by Jeremy Aschenbrenner: Jeremy Aschenbrenner’s BA Guide serves as a beacon for business analysts. In this section, we will delve into practical applications from the guide, emphasizing its role in providing actionable insights. Participants will learn to leverage the guide effectively, gaining a competitive edge in their analytical endeavors.
IIBA Certification Preparation: For those aspiring to attain IIBA certification, this module offers invaluable tips and guidance. The Khattri duo provides a roadmap for success, including mock exams and preparation strategies. Participants will leave well-equipped to navigate the certification process, enhancing their professional credentials.
Conclusion: Mastering Agile Business Analysis in Scrum is not just a course; it’s a transformative journey led by industry experts. Vivek & Pabitra Khattri’s commitment to excellence, coupled with the IIBA endorsement, ensures participants emerge not only as certified professionals but as adept and confident Agile business analysts ready to tackle the challenges of the modern business landscape.
- Comprehensive understanding of Agile methodologies in Scrum
- IIBA endorsement for industry-recognized certification
- Practical insights from the BA Guide by Jeremy Aschenbrenner
- Versatile skills applicable across industries
- Module 1: Introduction to Become an Agile Business Analyst in Scrum
- Overview of Agile principles
- Importance of business analysis in Agile projects
- Module 2: Scrum Framework and Business Analysis Techniques
- In-depth exploration of Scrum
- Application of business analysis techniques in Scrum
- Module 3: Practical Application and Case Studies
- Real-world scenarios and case studies
- Hands-on exercises to reinforce learning
- Agile principles and their application
- Scrum framework essentials
- Business analysis techniques in Agile projects
- Practical insights from Jeremy Aschenbrenner’s BA Guide
- IIBA certification preparation tips and guidance
Who is This Course For:
- Business analysts seeking expertise in Agile and Scrum
- Professionals preparing for IIBA certification
- Individuals wanting practical insights from the BA Guide
- Beginners and experienced professionals looking to enhance their skills
Tutor Profiles: Vivek & Pabitra Khattri, seasoned professionals with extensive experience in business analysis and Agile methodologies. Both hold advanced degrees in their respective fields, contributing to their in-depth knowledge.
- IIBA endorsement for their training program
- Recognition for excellence in Agile business analysis
- Positive testimonials from satisfied students and industry experts
Testimonials: “The Khattri duo’s course transformed my approach to business analysis. Highly recommended!”
- John Doe, Senior Business Analyst
Q1: What is the main focus of the Agile Business Analyst in Scrum course?
A: The course primarily focuses on equipping business analysts with Agile methodologies within the Scrum framework, enhancing their skills for effective project management.
Q2: Is the IIBA endorsement significant for this course?
A: Absolutely, the IIBA endorsement adds credibility, indicating that the course meets high standards and aligns with the best practices recognized in the industry.
Q3: How does Jeremy Aschenbrenner’s BA Guide contribute to the course?
A: Jeremy Aschenbrenner’s BA Guide provides practical insights, serving as a valuable resource for beginners and seasoned professionals alike, offering a hands-on approach to business analysis.
Q4: Can this course help in IIBA certification preparation?
A: Yes, the course is designed to prepare participants for IIBA certification, providing comprehensive knowledge and practical skills required for success in the certification process.
Q5: Are there any prerequisites for enrolling in this course?
A: No specific prerequisites are required, making it accessible for individuals at various stages of their careers, from beginners to experienced professionals.
Q6: How is the course structured, and what topics does it cover?
A: The course is well-structured, covering key areas such as Agile principles, Scrum framework, business analysis techniques, and practical application scenarios. The curriculum is designed to ensure a comprehensive understanding.
Q7: Is there ongoing support after completing the course?
A: Yes, participants receive post-course support, including access to resources, forums, and updates, fostering continuous learning and professional development.
Q8: Can the skills learned be applied across different industries?
A: Absolutely, the skills acquired in this course are versatile and applicable across various industries, providing a broad skill set for business analysts in different organizational contexts.
Q9: How is the course content delivered?
A: The course content is delivered through a mix of lectures, practical exercises, and real-world case studies, ensuring a dynamic and engaging learning experience.
Q10: What sets this course apart from other similar programs?
A: This course stands out due to its IIBA endorsement, comprehensive curriculum, practical approach with the BA Guide, and the expertise of the instructors, Vivek & Pabitra Khattri.